About Us: Experienced…Accessible…Innovative
The physicians and staff of Willis-Knighton Cardiology provide unparalleled experience, access, and innovation in cardiology in
North Louisiana and East Texas. We are committed to a patient-first approach in a technology-driven and constantly changing
field of medicine. Our goal is to keep the “high tech” nature of the specialty anchored by the “low tech” traditions associated
with the art of medicine.
- Eleven board-certified cardiologists with a combined total of 150 years of cardiology experience and practice.
- All cardiologists with Cardiology and Internal Medicine board certification and certified as Fellows of the American College of Cardiology.
- Extensive experience in non-invasive and interventional cardiology and electrophysiology.
- Leaders in interventional cardiology angioplasty and stent procedures in Northwest Louisiana for coronary artery disease.
- Experienced leaders in Northwest Louisiana for peripheral vascular disease angioplasty and stenting at each location (WK-N, WK-P, WK-B, and Minden).
- Leaders in Northwest Louisiana in carotid and renal artery stenting procedures.
- Leaders in Northwest Louisiana in aortoiliac stenting for aneurysm repair.
- Leaders in Northwest Louisiana in TAVR (transcutaneous aortic valve replacement) procedures.
- Leaders in the Willis-Knighton Health System with experience as members of the Board of Trustees, Chief of Staff, Chief of Medicine, Chief of Cardiology, and Medical Executive Committee.
- Leadership in community, education, and healthcare improvement, and business leadership (past Chairman of Chamber of Commerce, Blueprint Louisiana, and President of the Shreveport Medical Society).
- Cover all Willis-Knighton hospitals (Medical Center North, South, Bossier, and Pierremont) as well as Minden Medical Center.
- Full-time on-campus offices at Willis-Knighton North, Willis-Knighton Bossier, Willis-Knighton Pierremont, and Minden Medical Center.
- Satellite offices in Homer, Natchitoches, and Vivian.
Innovation in Northwest Louisiana:
- Implantation of the first dual-chamber pacemaker device.
- Performance of the first intracoronary balloon and stent procedure.
- Performance of advanced PVD stent procedures and opening total occlusions.
- Performance of the first rotational atherectomy procedure.
- Performance of the first aortoiliac repair via stent procedure for aortic aneurysmal repair.
- Performance of the first carotid artery stenting procedure.
- Performance of the first TAVR – aortic valve replacement percutaneously without surgery.
- Operation of the first in-office nuclear cardiac imaging system.
Learn more about Willis-Knighton Cardiology: