History of Innovation
"Firsts" in the ArkLaTex Achieved by our Practice
The physicians and staff of Willis-Knighton Cardiology, have a long-standing tradition of leadership and innovation in the field of
cardiology. Their commitment to excellence and dedication to fostering the state-of-the art in cardiovascular care has resulted in
the practice and its members achieving numerous "firsts" in cardiology for the ArkLaTex. The following is a partial listing of
the achievements credited to our team:
- Implantation of the first dual-chamber pacemaker device.
- Performance of the first intracoronary balloon and stent procedure.
- Performance of advanced PVD stent procedures and opening total occlusions.
- Performance of the first rotational atherectomy procedure.
- Performance of the first aortoiliac repair via stent procedure for aortic aneurysmal repair.
- Performance of the first carotid artery stenting procedure.
- Performance of the first TAVR – aortic valve replacement percutaneously without surgery.
- Operation of the first in-office nuclear cardiac imaging system.