Phillip A. Rozeman, MD, FACC
Fellow of the American College of Cardiology
Click the play button to watch video profile
University - LSU Shreveport - Summa cum laude.
Medical School - LSU School of Medicine-Shreveport - Top 10% of Class, AOA Honor Fraternity.
Residency and Fellowship - Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston.
- Co-founder of Cardiovascular Consultants/Willis-Knighton Cardiology.
- John Miciotto Healthcare Lifetime Achievement Award - won in second year of award.
- One of “America’s Top Cardiologist” by Consumer Research Council.
- Extensive 30+ year experience in interventional, invasive, and non-invasive cardiology at Willis-Knighton Health System.
- Pioneer in coronary stenting and dual-chamber pacemakers at Willis-Knighton.
- Board certification in Internal Medicine and Cardiology and Fellow of the American College of Cardiology.
- Past Chief of Staff - Willis-Knighton Health System.
- Previous President of the Shreveport Medical Society.
- Over 20 years on Medical Executive Board of the Willis-Knighton Health System.
- Board of Trustees - Willis-Knighton Health System since 2002.
- Past Chief of Internal Medicine at Willis-Knighton Health System.
- Founder - Minden Heart and Vascular Center.
- Current Medical Executive Board at Minden Medical Center.
- Physician Leader - Mexico Medical Missions Team (MITC), 2000-Present
- Board Chairman of Greater Shreveport Chamber of Commerce - First physician in 100 year history.
- Northwest Louisiana Junior Achievement - “Business Hall of Fame”.
- United Way of Northwest Louisiana - “Clyde Fant Community Service Award”.
- 2003 “Business Leader of the Year” - Greater Shreveport Chamber.
- 2010 “Business Leader of the Year” - Minden Chamber of Commerce.
- Co-chair - Caddo Shreveport Master Plan Committee
- City of Shreveport - “Spirit of Martin Luther King Award”.
- LSU Shreveport - “Pilot of the Year”.
- Northwest Louisiana March of Dimes Physician Leader - Post-Katrina
- Northwest Louisiana Red Cross - “Citizen of the Year”.
- Shreveport Bar Association - “Liberty Bell Award”.
- Deacon and former Deacon Chairman - Broadmoor Baptist Church
- Founder - Alliance for Education.
- Co-founder - Shreveport Bossier Business Alliance for Higher Education (SBBA).
- Co-founder - Magnolia School of Excellence Charter School.
- Founder - Shreveport Bossier Imperative.
- Louisiana Association of Educators - Friend of Education Award.
- Louisiana Department of Education - Friend of Education Award.
- BPCC and LSUS Foundation Boards.
- Graduation Commencement Speaker - Louisiana Tech, BPCC.
- Founder - Education’s Next Horizon.
- Member of multiple governor and legislative commissions on healthcare and education during the administration of Governors Blanco, Jindal, and Edwards.
- Blueprint Louisiana - past Chairman.
- Louisiana Committee of 100 - Executive Board.
- Acadian United Way - “Cornerstone Award”.
- Education’s Next Horizon and Louisiana Promise - past Chairman.
- State Board service for CABL, Public Affairs Research (PAR), LABI, Louisiana Calling, Early Childhood Policy Initiative, Early Childhood Roundtable.
Dr. Rozeman Practices at: